Nutrition and dietitian services are provided at Johnsonville Medical Centre by Marco Mollo, a NZ Registered Dietitian. Marco is at Johnsonville Medical Centre on Fridays, and you can book directly with him via our Patient Services team on 04 920 8850.
Marco assists patients with:
- Weight Management
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Digestive health issues such as IBS and Coeliac Disease
- Sport nutrition
- Cholesterol and blood pressure management
- Healthy eating advice for vegetarians and vegans
- General healthy eating advice
Marco has the following consultations available:
Initial 60 minute consultation: $150 ($35 if subsidised)
All patients need and initial consultation to go through a thorough assessment and gather the information required to come up with some strategies for you to implement to achieve your nutrition related goals.
Patients attending an initial consultation will need to complete the initial consultation information form. Please only complete this once your appointment has been booked.
Follow up consultation: $85 ($19.50 if subsidised)
During a follow up consultation Marco will review with you how your changes have been going, what may have changed for you since the last time you caught up with him, and then create any adjustments or a new plan for your goals going forward.
Marco is able to provide subsidised prices for patients enrolled at Johnsonville Medical Centre (and other Wellington Medical Group practices) who have a community services card or are of Maori or Pacific descent. For more information, call our patient services team on 04 920 8850.
Marco also runs regular group sessions for pre-diabetic patients to help them manage their wellbeing and minimise the impact and risks of pre-diabetes.
Recent feedback from these sessions:
- An excellent presentation, thought provoking (those ranking quizzes a real eyeopener!), informative and loaded with heaps of good advice
- Marco tested our knowledge/ignorance about certain food values, the answers totally surprising us - a very good lesson on reading labels