Are you tired of muffled hearing, discomfort, and the inconvenience of blocked ears? Our Ear Suction service offers a safe, gentle, and highly effective solution that will help you say goodbye to ear wax buildup and hello to crystal-clear hearing. This service can also help to remove the debris from ear infections, so your GP may refer you for ear suction if this is appropriate.
If you are experiencing pain or your issue is urgent, please book in to see your GP first to assess the cause of the pain.
Why Choose Ear Suction?
Traditional ear cleaning methods that can push wax further into the ear canal, are messier and more uncomfortable, or have risks of puncturing your ear drum. Our professional ear suction service is performed by experienced nurses who use precise, medical-grade equipment to remove ear wax safely and comfortably, making this a much easier and safer experience.
Our Ear Suction Service Offers:
- Safety First Approach: Your health and comfort are our top priorities. We adhere to the highest hygiene standards and use specialised equipment for our procedures.
- Gentle Methodology: Forget about the discomfort of ear syringing. Our ear suction technique is gentle, non-invasive, and perfect for all ages, including children and seniors.
- Immediate Results: Enjoy instant relief and improved hearing immediately after the procedure. It's time to live life with the volume turned up!
- Professional Care: Our team consists of trained nurses who not only provide exceptional care but also educate you on how to maintain healthy ears.
Booking your appointment
Call us on 04 920 8850 to book your ear suction appointment. You will need to use oil to soften your ears before the appointment and our team will talk you through the options for this.
What to Expect During Your Visit
Each appointment is a 30-minute appointment and involves:
1. Comprehensive Assessment: We begin with an examination to assess the condition of your ear canal and the extent of wax buildup.
2. Expert Treatment: Using a microscope and a fine suction tool, we gently remove any ear wax obstruction from your ear canal.
3. Post-Care Guidance: After the procedure, we'll offer personalized advice on ear care to prevent future buildup and ensure long-term ear health.
The following costs apply to ear suction services:
- Ear suction appointment - $65 (discounted to $45 if suction not required after review)
- Follow-up review within one week - $45
- Ear suction partially funded by ACC - $45
- Quarterly ear suction - $55
All of the above services are discounted by $5 for patients with a Community Services Card
Porirua Children's Ear Van
For those aged 0 -18, the Porirua Children's Ear Van is a free alternative to our ear suction service. Due to longer wait times this service is more appropriate for non-urgent issues. Please head to Porirua Children's Ear Van to find out more about the service and to book in with them directly.