You must use the General Medical if one of the following applies to you:
- You are applying for a temporary entry class visa for New Zealand and you intend to stay longer than 12 months
- You are applying for residence, unless you are a person who must use the Limited Medical Certificate (INZ 1201).
You must use the Limited Medical if one of the following applies to you:
- You are the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident and you meet the requirements of the Partnership Category, which includes having lived together with your partner for 12 months or more in a partnership which is genuine and stable (your dependent children (if any) should also use this certificate)*
- You are the dependent child of a New Zealand citizen or resident*
- You are a person (or the partner or dependent child of a person) who has been recognised as having refugee or protection status in New Zealand
- You are a UNHCR mandated refugee who has been selected under New Zealand’s refugee quota programme
- You are applying for a resident visa under the Refugee Quota Family Reunification Category.
If you are applying for a visa as the partner or dependent child of a New Zealand citizen or resident and you were not included in, or were withdrawn from the earlier residence application made by your partner or parent then you must use the general certificate.